White Rules

February 11, 2013

Real snow has finally come to NYC and the spareness of winter is feeling right.   Inspired by Friday's blizzard, I'm loving all things cozy.....




and white....




 and fur lined....



While I love nothing better than rich fabrics, loads of textiles layered up and oodles of life littering a room, there's something about the dead of winter with it's quietness and frozen beauty that makes me want to purge, build a fire and get down to the basics.   Perhaps it's because life is spinning a bit wild that I'm craving nordic style-simple, edited, clean.  Or maybe it's all those scandinavian cabins on tumblr and pinterest or the fur throws in all the catalogs on sale but whatever it is, I am seriously onboard.    

Here's a few interiors that make me want to jump a plane for Denmark. 














And isn't this nugget of a kitchen so charming??   simple simple simple yet gorg! 


**all photos from pinterest



Live large, 
Frances 






0 comments:

400 Square Feet All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger